Seton Medical Center Hays, a member of the Seton Healthcare Family, opened in Kyle on October 1, 2009.
The $143.7 million project represents the largest medical facility in the area and offers a full array of medical services and specialties, including: Cardiology, Cardiothoracic surgery, Critical Care services, Dermatology, Diagnostic services, Digestive Care, a full-service Emergency Department, Endocrinology, Family Practice/Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Hematology/Oncology, , Infectious Disease, Labor and Delivery Services, a Level II Neonatal Nursery, Nephrology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Orthopedics, Outpatient therapies, Pathology, Plastic Surgery, Pulmonary Medicine, Radiology, Radiology/Oncology, Sleep Medicine, Urology and Vascular Surgery.
Seton Hays delivers advanced inpatient and outpatient medical care and emergency services through a state-of-the-art hospital licensed for 112 beds and designed to grow to almost 300 beds. It has an outpatient surgery center and medical office building and is designed to be a comforting environment to promote healing and health. Decorated with more than 400 pieces of art, the hospital features family-friendly private rooms, comfortable indoor and outdoor spaces for loved ones to gather, and a tranquil chapel for reflection and prayer.
Hospital amenities also include room service for patients, free Wi-Fi internet access , the Great Habits gift shop and a cafeteria, all on a smoke-free campus.
As Hays County continues to grow and prosper, Seton Medical Center Hays is growing as well to keep up with increasing demand for advanced medical care and responsive emergency services. In just the past 12 months, Seton Hays has added:
• New technology called “i-Logic Inreach by superDimension” that can locate small tumors in the far reaches of the lungs, diagnose them and treat them without surgery and with little or no pain, no overnight hospital stay, less cost and lower risk of complications.
• Facilities to do transradial heart catheterizations – the first Seton hospital in Central Texas to offer them – and a second catheterization lab
• An outpatient infusion program, where patients can get blood transfusions, intravenous antibiotics and other medically necessary injections
• An outpatient pulmonary rehabilitation program
• Rapid emergency room capability for minor injury and ailment ER visits
• An interventional pulmonary program
• A dedicated urologist and urology program
• A dedicated oncologist and oncology program for cancer treatment
• A “telemedicine “program to treat psychiatric and stroke patients via consultation with medical experts located elsewhere
• Twice the existing space for outpatient cardiac rehabilitation
• Twelve rooms in the intensive care unit
• Eight cardiac telemetry beds
• Two obstetricians for women and their children
• A second “c section” suite for births
• A second neurologist for brain injuries
• A fifth surgical suite
Looking ahead 12 months and beyond, Seton Hays will continue to add to services it offers to local residents, further eliminating any need to journey to Austin, San Antonio, Houston or elsewhere to necessary, specialized medical care.
Plans call for increasing the number of medical specialists within the Seton Family of Doctors – and adding San Marcos and Wimberley locations to the current office in Kyle. Seton Hays also intends to expand its community outreach to help our neighbors who struggle to pay for medical care.
It plans to add more new medical technology and more services. For example, oncology services for cancer patients will continue to grow and improve in the months and years ahead.
The largest medical campus in Hays County, Seton also serves residents of Caldwell County and southern Travis County. It serves as a central resource for complex medical care and links to the resources of the Seton Healthcare Family, a network of care of the highest quality in this region.